- Strong technical acumen specific to Microsoft Windows Server operating systems in an enterprise environment supporting over 400 servers and multiple sites
- A deep knowledge of multi-forest, multi-domain Active Directory design and administration; Planning, testing and application of group policies; Public/private DNS administration
- Experienced with Certificate Authority administration, best practices, and management of certificates in an enterprise environment
- Strong PowerShell scripting background for administrative tasks, standardization, desired state configuration, and automation
- Experience leveraging System Center Configuration Manager for patch management and software distribution. Package creation and custom reporting is a plus.
- Familiar with the administration of Solarwinds and Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- Experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining Hyper-V, XenApp/XenDesktop, and/or vSphere in a Cisco UCS environment
- Familiar with integrating enterprise environments to cloud services such as Azure or AWS.
- Experience with planning, designing and testing disaster recovery/business continuity scenarios
- Bachelor’s degree or Relevant hands-on experience
- Ability to collaborate with resources across multiple disciplines
- Ability to design and document complex workflows
- Strong proficiency in managing DNS, DFS, SMTP, clustering
- Experience scripting in Powershell, Python, Perl or other languages
- Strong proficiency in VMware VSphere and cloud management technologies
- Well-rounded knowledge of networking (LAN, WAN, VMPLS, VLAN, Routing, Firewalls, etc.)
- Well-rounded knowledge of storage solutions (Vmax, VNX, Data Domain, Nimble)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines
- Looks for any areas of improvement and suggests changes, rather than waiting for direction
- Excellent team player - proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically
- Other duties as assigned
- Experienced systems engineer who has 7+ years of system administration experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 operating systems.
- Knowledgeable of system backup/restore methodologies and experience applying the correct method to the appropriate aspect of the environment
- Experience with building, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft based clusters.
- History of managing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Diagnose, solve or assist staff in solving non-routine or complex software, hardware, and procedural problems.
- Ensure all platforms conform to Safe Auto’s configuration, performance and security requirements and standards.
- Analyze and minimize the impact of production changes on business operations by leveraging test/validation processes, process documentation and change management.
- Knowledge of data replication, storage protocols, network protocols and connectivity
- Maximize system availability and optimize the end user experience.
- Work with team members and manager to develop long term vision and road map strategy for responsible platforms in alignment with organizational and company strategic objectives.
- Analyze business needs and conduct research for technical and procedural solutions. Implement and monitor process improvement efforts, including quantifiable measures of success.
- Lead project efforts and work with IT and business partners to define project scope, identify and prioritize requirements, and building thorough, clean project plans.
- Participate in on-call rotation with Server and Storage Team
- Expert with diagnostic tools, administrative tools and performance optimization/tuning.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and O365 Administration
- Expert-level knowledge of Active Directory, including Group Policy creation and management
- Experience in server and desktop virtualization platforms such as VMWareExperience with automated monitoring systems and technologies, with practical knowledge of MS SCOM, and SCCM, and automated patching procedures
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position
Location: Lansing, MI
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.