Education and Years of Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security, and/or Network Administration from an accredited university/college.
- Minimum/General Experience: Recent work experience as a senior-level or technical lead in a related position on a major program, project, or activity. A minimum of seven (7) years recent experience in the direct performance of a major program, project, or activity relating to computer software development at the user and kernel level, computer programming, and /or computer digital forensics.
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent and relevant working experience is required in the following focus areas:
- Install, configure and maintain internal networks, file servers, application servers, and workstations
- In-depth Puppet experience for both code deployment and system building and configuration
- Administer and configure Puppet, Jenkins, and other configuration management and deployment frameworks
- Administer and configure VMWare vSphere and vCenter and other virtualization technologies
- Administer and configure Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies Elastic Comput Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), and Relational Database Service (RDS
- Administering and configuring Nginx and other web servers
- Administering and configuring HAProxy and other proxy servers
- Administer and configure MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and other NoSQL data stores
- Administer and configure GridFS and other distributed file systems
- Administer web services (Preferred: RESTful and Apache Thrift)
- Administer Python Celery, RabbitMQ, and other distributed messaging and task queue technologies
- Administer and deploy custom Python Django applications and other web applications
- Administer and configure MySQL and other relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Monitor and verify availability of existing systems (Preferred: Nagios or comparable technology)
- Administer and configure NAS and SAN storage
- Administer and configure Windows Server and Desktop and Linux (Preferred: Fedora) server and desktop operating systems
- Recent and relevant working experience is required in the following additional areas:
- Administor PKI infrastructure, to include both server and client certificates
- Administer and configure DNS server Linux infrastructure with DNSSEC
- Administer and configure PXE bootstraps
- Linux shell scripting (sh, ksh, or bash)
- Distributed batch and stream processing
Individuals that have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in systems engineering and administration
Individuals with experience in all three areas of development, integration and production environments
Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network problems
Ability to administer system security and perform security checks
In-depth knowledge and understanding of a broad range of computing technologies and providing innovative solutions to complex problems
Must demonstrate oral communication and written skills
Ability to understand functional and technical specifications for new products
Work well under pressure, can meet tight deadlines and is committed to work as and when required to complete projects
Stay current with newest technologies
Assist in evaluating and maintaining present and future hardware and software needs
- MongoDB schema design and optimization
- Windows Powershell scripting
- Elasticsearch schema design and optimization
- Administer and configure blade server technology
- Administer and configure Cisco network devices
Administer and configure Atlassian Jira and Bitbucket
- Administer and configure Cuckoo Sandbox and OPSWAT Metascan servers
- Administer and configure macOS operating systems
- Creates and maintains the infrastructure, including continuous integration, automated builds and deployment, and automated end-to-end testing.
- Creates tools, platforms, and environments for demos, product testing, and software releases.
- Creates products, utilities, scripts, and tools to automate builds, deployment, and testing.
- Builds and maintains development and testing environments and production-equivalent staging environments.
- Troubleshoots operational tests, releases, software defects, and other issues.
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position
Location: Remote and Chantilly, VA
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.