DMI, the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure device and app management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Washington DC area, with satellite offices around the world. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Digital Management, LLC (DMI) is seeking a full time Senior iOS Developer, to be based out of Detroit, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a team member you will be involved in all aspects of developing new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP). In this highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment, you will…
• Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
• Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
• Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
• Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
• Test-drive code (Test Driven Development)
• Pair program with different people in many situations
• Report status of assigned software development tasks
• Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
• Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
• Promote improvements in programming practices such as functional/acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
• Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
• Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members.
• Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations
Education and Years of Experience:
• BS in Computer Science or other field of study and applicable work experience
• 5 - 10 years of experience as a software developer on production project
• Most likely 3+ years of experience on a team developing native iOS app(s) available in the app store
• Proven experience/responsibility for design and architectural decisions of app
• Experience with Swift in a Production Application
• Experience with Objective C in a Production Application
• Experience developing apps that interact with Web Services (REST, XML/JSON)
• Experience with native iOS UI development for phones and tablets (multi-resolution support; resource utilization such as images, layouts, strings)
• Proven knowledge and practical application of design patterns
• The ability to identify and write appropriate tests leveraging mocking/spying frameworks for isolation of the subject component
• Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
• Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
You might also have:
• Experience working on Agile development teams following Scrum
• Experience working on a team following Extreme Programming (XP) practices
• Experience writing automated functional tests against a mobile app
• Experience mentoring team members in the adoption and practice of XP
• Awareness of the iOS UI/UX guidelines and platform specific UI constructs/widgets (able to visualize platform specific approach to UI design given a user story)
• Experience with mapping and search providers
• Experience with Internationalization and Localization
• Work with a team of software craftsman creating mobile experiences that customers love.
• Have an impact shipping your code to millions of customers around the globe who are direct and indirect valued customers.
• Work on exciting new technologies such as Watch OS, Car Play, and Swift.
At a daily stand up meeting where you pull a new story card for a feature in a future release of a General Motors application. You work with a product owner to discuss the requirements of the feature and other developers to design, develop and implement the feature test first.
Physical Requirement(s): No physical requirements
Location: Detroit, MI
Note - The evaluation process for this position includes an assessment to completed before the interview.
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.