DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a SR. SYSTEMS/NETWORK ENGINEER to support our client in Baltimore, Maryland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general direction of Enterprise Infrastructure this position is responsible for managing the selection, installation operation, and maintenance of the agency’s local area networks and communications infrastructure including MS Windows servers, VMWare, MS Exchange, and NAS and SAN architectures. WAN and LAN Technologies, including Cisco Routing, Switching, and Wireless. Next Gen Firewall Management including Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention. This is a hands-on position, all skills must be current, no exceptions.
• Plans and executes projects to enhance current system’s capacity speed and bandwidth to support required WAN features
• Performs analysis of available options to enhance performance and reliability ;
responsible for selection and acquisition of equipment
• Keeps abreast of emerging technology trends
• Assists in the development of long-range technical solutions to support the business units
• Develops, recommends and enforces policy and procedure for system security
• Provides consulting to IT employees and the Agency for network issues
• Windows Server, Windows Configuration management, VMWare administration
• Backup and retrieval strategy and execution
• Administers VPN connections to external entities
• Builds, configures, tests Cisco Routers out of the box, and troubleshoots all connectivity issues.
• Builds, configures, tests Dell Switches out of the box, and troubleshoots all connectivity issues.
• Performs routine maintenance on all Network equipment, from Servers, NAS and SAN to Firewalls, Routers and Switches.
• Provides guidance/training for junior personnel
• Oversees or provides technical hardware and software implementation
• Oversees and manages troubleshooting, debugging, and analysis of system software and hardware problems
• Network Documentation, Change Management, utilize Power Point and Visio diagrams.
• Implements the highest level of Security practices at all levels of the network
Skills and Qualification Requirements:
• Strong technical Skills in Microsoft Technologies, Cisco Networking Technologies, Storage Technologies, Next Gen Fortinet and Sophos
• Strong Desktop Deployment skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Commands a solid understanding of Local Area Network hardware and software
• Learns new technologies quickly and independently utilizing; course work, on the job training, manuals, technical journals, calls to technical support
• Works in a team environment to solve problems; analyzes situation and identifies cause(s) of problems, evaluates and presents alternatives
• Communicates effectively and in a professional manner; ability to communicate and present ideas to team members and management at various technical levels
• Pays attention to detail and follows procedures; documents thoroughly
• Adapts with changing priorities and multiple assignments
• Excellent teamwork skills
• 10 years of progressive experience as a Network Engineer
• 5 years experience as a Senior Network Engineer
• 3 year experience with AWS
• Current Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Windows Server - Preferred
• CCNP(Enterprise or Routing and Switching) – Preferred
• CCNP(Security) - Preferred
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help meet various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.