DMI is looking for Service Desk Analysts to support a federal customer in the DC Metro area. This candidate will be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer Help Desk phones and provide Tier I/II support to users on a variety of issues
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Log and prioritize calls and provide reports as required on Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution
- Possess strong customer service and communications skills
- Analyze, evaluate, and test software and hardware problems
- Handle heavy call volume
Cloud Native Web Architect
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you. We’re actively seeking a Cloud Native Web Architect to join our talented team of consultants.
What’s in it for you?
As a Cloud Native Web Architect, you’ll be designing and creating web-based solutions using best-in-class cloud technologies to solve our clients’ challenges. You’ll tap into your extensive experience with web-based tools and cloud PaaS to take a central role in the planning and construction of intuitive web-based applications. Along the way, you will rapidly augment your existing experiences with additional experience across industries and disciplines. You won’t be focused on one technology or application layer. Rather, you’ll be an invaluable asset to your team by taking responsibility for the overall application, guiding team members along the development path, and developing across all layers of client solutions.
Eager to learn new technologies, earn a certification, and grow your skills? We wouldn’t have it any other way. Here at DMI, we emphasize skills cultivation, achievement recognition, and employee engagement. You will be encouraged to try new technologies and step into a new role with the support of an outstanding community of developers and architects.
About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire a Refresh Technician to support a Federal Government customer in Washington, DC
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs systems administrative and operational duties on computer systems
- Must be able to follow an SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) Checklist
- Analyze, evaluate and resolve software and hardware problems quickly
- Perform installation of hardware and software on various platforms
- Responsible for restoring and maintaining systems configuration
- Prepare activity and progress reports regarding support activities
- Respond, investigate, and correct problems
- Responsible for backing up and restoring profiles manually and automatically
- Must be able to install/troubleshoot network and local printers
- Working to agreed SLA's in order to install and resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for re-installing commercial and government off-the-shelf products (COTS and GOTS)
- Must be able to backup an outlook profile and restore mailboxes, calendars and .pst (personal folders) files
- Also performs same functions for peripheral devices such as scanners and printers.
- Install hardware and software application on a myriad of computer devices
DMI is looking for a VTC Lead Engineer to support a federal customer in the DC Metro area.
- Experience with Video Conferencing Systems (Cisco, Webex)
- Experience configuring video conferencing bridges
- Experience Working with Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Cisco VTC (video) conference integration using Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) and Expressways (VCS)
- Experience with enterprise video content management using vBrick, Haivision, Ramp and MediaPlatform
- Experience with web meetings using WebEx SaaS in the cloud.
- Experience evaluating Voice and Video systems against NIST 800-53 security requirements
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Senior Big Data Consultant (BI / Snowflake / DWH) to support our client in Cincinnati, OH. to support our customer requirement.
- 8+ years of hands on experience in Data Warehouse projects
- Experience with Snowflake or cloud data warehouse is essential. At least 1-2 projects on Snowflake
- Very Strong Data Integration experience with Target database should be Snowflake.
- Data Modelling experience will be an advantage.
- Good experience on AWS Eco systems with exposure on Kafka, S3,EMR
- Good communication skills.
Specific Expertise Required:
- Should be good with concepts on data strategy, governance, data quality etc
- Should have strong hands on experience on data management and visualization
- At least have worked on
- One of the following database : Teradata, Snowflake, Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server, BIG DATA
- One of the following ETL tool : Talend, Informatica, ab initio, datastage, pentaho etc
- &One of the following BI tool : Power BI, SAP BO, Cognos, QlikView, Tableau, MicroStrategy etc
- Should have worked in Financial and Payment Industries
- Should have worked as overall solution architect for 2 large Datawarehouse project
Education and Years of Experience:
- 8+ years experience
Location: Cincinnati, OH
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a IT Project Manager (CRM / Healthcare) to support our client in Maryland.
The IT Project Manager oversees the full project management life cycle and software development life cycle for the implementation of highly complex, large-scale, strategic IT initiatives in the MDH Office of Enterprise Technology (OET).
- Implements established policies, system monitors and controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all initiatives in the Program.
- Supervises and leads the program to oversee the impacts and interdependencies between programs and works to ensure initiatives meet the MDH Goals and Objectives of the executive leadership team.
- Serve as a coordinator between the Vendor and multiple units of the MDH, follow up on various deliverables from both.
- Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues, and makes recommendations on project decisions to MDH Mgmt. and DoIT DPMO
- Manages allocation of resources within the program(s) to meet work fluctuations and budget and time constraints in the delivery process.
- Serves as subject matter expert, providing technical and analytical guidance to the program and project teams.
- Manages all aspects of the project: cost benefit analysis, work plans, functional and technical designs, construction, testing and implementation. Ensures efficient and high-quality installation of new software and/or systems and monitors all technical aspects of implementing projects.
- Provides support to the MDH Mgmt. and DoIT DPMO in identifying appropriate solutions required by the user areas; assists IT Leadership in performing a needs analysis of the relevant business areas and in matching user needs to system capabilities to ensure the new system is easily and quickly integrated into the client's business environment.
- Works with the Divisions to provide support and coordination to ensure adoption of new systems and business processes in the MDH environment.
- Manages contracts and vendors assigned to delegated initiatives included in the assigned program(s)
- Manages and directs Multiple medium to large-scale projects that may not fit into a defined Program.
- Translates generalized customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical plans.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors to achieve best results.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to develop and implement methods and techniques.
- Works effectively with internal and external clients, third party vendors and Senior Management in accomplishing project objectives.
- Evaluates complex situations accurately and identifies viable solutions that create successful outcomes.
- Develops and maintains lessons-learned inputs in the project repository for utilization on future projects.
- Ensures all Defined Processes are used within the Capability Maturity Model Integration Framework to successfully implement projects.
- Resolves political, resource, budgeting, change, and legal issues affecting the program.
- Collaborates with the finance department and various functional managers to ensure project budgets are properly estimated and controlled; provide overall financial recommendations and develop controls and measurements to monitor progress.
- Provides OET and Finance with monthly accruals and forecasts by the due date established by Finance.
- Maintains current statements of work for all contractors; tracks and approves contractor invoices in a timely manner.
- Provides regular updates to MDH Mgmt., DoIT DPMO, project sponsor and stakeholders on the status of projects and the budget. Documents reasons for budget excess or shortfall.
- Develops a comprehensive Risk Management Plan at the Program Level within the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Framework as defined
- Proactively identifies risks and opportunities of both business and technical plans; identifies Risk Mitigation Strategies and Contingency Plans for all identified Risks. Maintains the Program Level issue and risk matrix log.
- Provides a detailed plan of how the risk will be managed or eliminated. Provides a weekly Program status report with major risk factors when mitigation approach impacts the project timeline, budget, or objectives.
- Coordinates the Risk Management Plan and Risk Mitigation Strategy across all projects within the Program and manages the execution within the individual projects.
Digital Management, LLC (DMI) is seeking a full time Operations Infrastructure Team Lead. The Operations Infrastructure team lead will be responsible for the support, maintenance and troubleshooting the customer's IT infrastructure. The Operations Infrastructure team lead position is a hands-on position, and this candidate must possess the troubleshooting skills necessary to mentor all technical team members, being familiar with industry best practices and implementing a least privileged access model. Candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Administer Windows Active Directory, Windows Group Policies, and Certificate Services.
- Administer Azure Active Directory services.
- Administer Intune Mobile Device Management
- Nutanix Hyperconverged Virtual environments.
- Citrix and remote access.
- Manage the private PKI infrastructure.
- Manage Multi-factor authentication, Single-Sign-On and Smart Card (PIV) Sign-On services.
- Manage PIV card certificate and credential mapping and enforce PIV card authentication for all staff.
- Enforce 2FA for all administrative accounts.
- Manage Distributed File System (DFS) and DFS Replication.
- Manage Network Attached Storage (NAS) and network shares.
- Provide lifecycle management for all supported systems.
- Create and maintain system documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Create automated packages to install, modify, enhance, test, and implement standard configurations for deployment of workstations, servers, and other network components and client software.
- Develop secure automated solutions for administrative and domain management tasks using scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Develop automated alerts and reports.
- Monitor system and network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency).
- Participate in Business Continuation/Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing, including network performance, security, anti-virus, design, and acquisition of infrastructure hardware.
- Troubleshoot systems/network issues, identify/analyze root cause, and implement corrective actions.
- Perform maintenance actions including system back-ups and validation, manage base image and restore points, file restoration processes, event log reviews, vulnerability mitigation and compliance.
- Create and document all actions, practices, procedures, and processes. Continually review and update documentation as needed.
- Research and make recommendations in all areas of automation needs, objectives and capabilities, including anticipation of the customer's business needs and future requirements.
- Interact with all IT departments as part of engineering and administration activities, such as customer support, technical and operational integration, and system maintenance.
- Coordinate and manage diverse technical support tasks.
- Maintain high satisfaction (both internal and external) through successful and timely resolution of technical problems.
- Manage and resolve escalated helpdesk related incidents and provide on-call support.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects and installments as assigned.
As a Principal API Developer you will be responsible for designing and building Enterprise APIs to grow and support our customer's digital footprint. You will work with stakeholders, technology team leadership and subject matter experts to analyze, design, build and implement API's needed within the organization. You will also be in charge of implementation, documentation, and integration of a variety of software platforms through the REST API framework. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enables us to deliver and improve on the product quickly.
- Capable of API delivery end to end which includes Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of API(s).
- Develop and deploy API policies using Apigee Edge Platform
- Understand creation and deployment of API led design strategy, API usage framework, and project team API enablement guidance as a core member of the service delivery team.
- Effectively communicates project expectations, issues, risks, and decisions to project team and business stakeholder related to API implementation
- Designs, Develops and prototypes cloud deployed, and DevOps enabled scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the architecture direction and standards.
- Implement common APIs based on architecture guidelines and framework related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery etc.
- Participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that help size stories and own, research and recommend new solutions
- Design Data Pipeline solutions for the enterprise using AWS & Snowflake platform.
- Development and management of Data Pipeline for extremely large datasets.
- Design and Develop Data Integration Routines to populate Target data storage
- Performance Management of Developed Routines and Data Access.
- Collaboration with business analysts, data analyst and AI/ML team.
- Design and implement scalable ETL processes in the data warehouse platform to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data
- Ability to develop and tune SQL to provide optimized solutions to the business.
- Drive Quality Assurance to ensure data quality is adhered as is required per requirement of the project (less than 2% of defects).
- Production Deployment of data pipeline and orchestration.
- 5 - 9 years of overall Data Engineering experience with 5+ years of experience working with AWS services & Snowflake.
- Design and development of Data Pipeline and Orchestration of data from streaming and structured data sources to Enterprise Data Lake.
- Experience in Feature Engineering, Data Validation, Data Cleansing and process the data to Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Experience in build and maintain of a data lake environment that is suitable for all kinds of analysis and reporting (self-service and operational reporting, predictive analytics, etc.
- Experience in Python, PySpark in implementing Big Data functionalities for Data Acquisition, Data Transformation and Data Persistence features.
- Experience in processing data using AWS Glue, Python, AWS Lambda, Snowpipe, Streams & tasks.
- Experience in data orchestration automation and data pipe line verification and validation.
- Understanding the existing environment and translating elements into new environment requirements and planning tasks.
- Expertise in the design, Star Schema data modelling creation and management of large datasets/data models
- Able to work with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE)
- Preferable Financial and Payments industry experience.
- Snowflake – Database, Snowpipe, Streams & Tasks
- AWS - S3, Glue, Lambda, Python
- Spark / Data Bricks
- ML / AI ops
As a Cloud Native Azure Architect, you will lead the architectural design, development, and technology integration efforts for client projects. Your ability to think at both a high level and in a detail-oriented fashion will enable you and your team to delivery successful projects for our firm. For our clients, you will successfully architect, develop, and implement web-based interactive applications leveraging the full capabilities of Azure and the .NET framework. Along the way, you will rapidly augment your existing experiences with additional experience across industries and disciplines.
When new opportunities arise, we encourage you to leverage previous successful solutions to increase our overall effectiveness and organizational efficiency. As a natural team player, you will answer technical and procedural questions for less-experienced team members, take an active mentorship role with your team members, and teach improved techniques when necessary.
Eager to learn new technologies, earn a certification, and grow your skills? We would not have it any other way. Here at DMI, we emphasize skills cultivation, achievement recognition, and employee engagement. You will be encouraged to try new technologies and step into a new role with the support of an outstanding community of developers and architects.
- Architecting enterprise grade solutions leveraging Azure and its PaaS and Serverless offerings
- Coaching and mentoring fellow team members
- Leading Azure cloud-native application development efforts to transform vision and design into a solution
- Taking ownership of an application
- Prototyping potential solutions
- Integrating disparate systems
- Supporting data migration efforts while maintaining technical integrity and consistency
- Leading code review activities and assisting with source code management and CI/CD processes
- Championing quality and craftsmanship
- Gaining team commitment to rich and comprehensive unit tests
- Partnering with clients to solve problems
- Serving as a key organizational link between the client and the development team
- Advising the client and your team as to development best practices
- Up to 75% of travel
- 7+ years as a software engineer and/or architect including experience leading development teams through the SDLC
- Extensive hands-on experience developing Azure based solutions leveraging a broad range of PaaS and Serverless offerings such as:
- App Service
- Service Fabric
- Traffic Manager
- Data Lake Store
- Azure Search
- Container Service
- Azure SQL
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Table Storage
- Redis Cache
- IoT Hub
- Event Hubs
- Notification Hubs
- Service Bus
- API Management
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory B2C
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Application Insights
- Advanced knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, Entity Framework (or similar ORM tooling), and LINQ
- Experience with service-oriented architectures & developing and consuming SOAP and/or RESTful web services
- Proficient with relational database systems such as SQL Server and Oracle
- Knowledgeable of Authorization and Authentication best practices
- Demonstrate proficiency for applying modern software design patterns
- Solid understanding of CI/CD best practices, working with tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket, or similar
- Proven team leadership abilities
- Demonstrate experience with unit testing and clean code
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, self-motivated, and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work both autonomously as well as on a team
- Experience in project technical estimation, component breakdown, and cross application communication
- Deep background leading a team utilizing Agile methodology to develop software
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Senior Director of Professional Services to support our connected services team. This person will work between global and local product teams leading the application maintenance and sustain efforts for connected vehicle platforms.
DMI is the trusted digital transformation partner that delivers end-to-end intelligent digital transformation strategy, solutions, and partner ecosystems to support, adapt, innovate, and scale to better serve our customers and the people in their care.
DMI has a strategic opportunity for an individual who will serve as strategic leader for the business with focus on managing growth, installing best practices and fostering a high-performance culture. A background in IT consulting is required and the ideal candidate will have successful leadership experience in a professional services role/company.
We seek a proven technology leader with background in driving growth and building a strong consulting base with emphasis on establishing centers of expertise and practices. Essential are the abilities to establish and drive performance for a strong talent base, consulting capabilities, and delivery excellence for connected services. This role will require a hands-on approach and involvement across all levels of the business.
- Responsible for building competency and talent base for connected services business unit. Work with senior leadership team to understand customer needs/opportunities, assess current capabilities, identify gaps, and work with practice leads, partners, and recruiting to fulfill those needs.
- Work with sales team to solution, proactively identify and build core capabilities required to deliver on Customers high-priority and strategic programs.
- Support the building and development of consulting capabilities and provide delivery oversight to ensure customer outcomes are successfully met.
Director, Application Development
The Director of Application Development is a key leader of consulting strategy within our Global Application Development practice. This role requires an individual recognized as a subject matter expert in enterprise solution development using cloud-native approaches and modern web application frameworks.
What You Can Expect
The Director demonstrates expertise by leading a team of architects & managers to effectively develop go-to-market offerings that are viable in the marketplace. This role is responsible for driving practice growth through a combination of strategic direction setting, thought leadership, technical sales & pre-sales, as well as strategic partner / client relationship-building activities.
The Director is accountable for:
- Consulting Practice Strategy and Development
- Drive overall growth and success of the practice
- Establish vision and business plan
- Support the development of team and individual resources through knowledge transfer, training, coaching and mentorship
- Foster an inclusive culture of ownership, investment, excellence, growth, and team achievement
- Support recruitment of new talent into the practice
- Business Development
- Drive business development activities through pre-sales, technical design, solution formulation, estimation, proposal creation, client presentations, and similar activities
- Create client solution offerings
- Support market development activities
- Engagement Oversight of Strategic Engagements
- Ensure client objectives are met and expectations are exceeded
- Ensure excellence of deliverables on key engagements
- Fulfill trusted advisor duties for top level stakeholders and client sponsors
- Practice Administration & HR Management
- Budget management
- Management of a small team of high-level architects and consulting managers
Some travel may be required (20% or less).
This position is responsible for orchestrating solutions for technology-based challenges, anticipate and foresee future issues, by translating our customer’s IT needs and future goals into a methodical plan. This will include integrating advanced technology and modernizing legacy systems. The ideal candidate will provide mentoring for a set of developers to make sure that best practices are being followed. The candidate will also perform day-to-day administration, configuration and ongoing maintenance of the ServiceNow platform supporting key ITIL processes like Request, Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB, Asset, Service Catalog, Knowledge, Employee Self Service and other service modules
The ServiceNow System Administrator maintains the stability and usability of the ServiceNow platform by performing application maintenance, managing support for incidents related to ServiceNow applications, and contributing to ServiceNow software releases by delivering configuration tasks and features. The ServiceNow System Administrator must have sound technical ability that enables the fulfillment of common configuration and maintenance tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Experience with providing architect solutions for customer requirements
- Experience with ServiceNOW development, including core ITSM tables, Glide, scripting, business rules, client scripts, custom apps, or development methods.
- Experience with ServiceNOW applications for Tableau data visualization and business intelligence products.
- Experience with implementing scripted Web services such as jQery, or Prototype libraries, Java, SOAP and CMDB, asset integrations, as well as SAML and LDAP.
- Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow system, including making approved changes to process and workflows in ITSM, SecOps or SAM modules
- Perform ServiceNow implementation tasks including but not limited to: configuration, integration, and testing.
- Facilitate and support development and testing phases
- Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation, making use of the knowledgebase module within ServiceNow.
- Communicate ServiceNow process, operations and capability information to all levels of management and the business.
- Work with business & IT users to identify and refine business requirements and workflows, as well as determine where ServiceNow can fit into business processes to improve services
- Activate plugins, work with UI & data policies, business rules, access control levels, alerts & notifications, import & update sets
- Create ServiceNow reports, dashboards & homepages. Utilize Performance Analytics to collect historical data.
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally or through written documentation - to management, staff, and other employees so that issues are well understood as they are resolved
- Manages and resolves incidents against ServiceNow applications
- Performs routine maintenance to include performance monitoring, error identification, remediation, instance cloning, new release and platform upgrades and instance clones.
- Manages Instance Security, User/Group Access/Access Control Lists, etc.
The Experience group at DMI helps clients navigate the demands of modern brands -- how to engage with customers to develop strong, lasting relationships. This manifests in marketing, customer experience and content. DMI is looking for a Strategist to drive marketing and content projects. We’re looking for someone with a strong point of view, who can represent the voice of the customer to internal and client teams, while collaborating with creative.
You have a curious mind, a strong gut, and you know how to pull the heartstrings. You are a natural problem solver with a bias towards action.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Ability to plan, conduct and analyze customer research (primary and syndicated data) to identify trends and insights, with the ability to translate those insights into strong recommendations to guide client/agency teams forward
- A deep curiosity and tenacity for understanding the user, including their needs, challenges, goals, behaviors and attitudes
- Singularity of focus to prioritize what’s most important in order to guide Creative, Media, and Content, as well as the rigor to synthesize documentation into a concise, clear path forward, such as strategic recommendations and creative briefs
- Understanding of a brand’s role to engage in today’s digital world, from campaigns to digital experiences
- Curiosity to learn and explore the client’s business to understand what will drive success
- Strong collaboration with creative, media and content with the ability to lead comfortably and effectively
- Comfortable having discussions around performance and outcomes (that tie back to business goals), with dexterity in using marketing analytics tools and platforms
Responsibilities may include:
- Design and lead customer insight research and usability activities to inform strategic and creative direction—including primary and secondary research, persona development and customer journey mapping— Identify signal from noise to pinpoint key insights and make strategic recommendations
- Develop digital strategy for marketing campaigns, including partnering with account, media and creative teams; Vision the holistic acquisition experience from impression to conversion, including developing measurements plans with clients to track success and optimize performance
- Lead client presentations, delivering strategic recommendations with confidence and conviction
- Collaborating with the media and account teams to report on campaign, creative and brand performance, including marketing analytics
- Serve as a thought leader on cultural and digital trends
DMI is looking for a VDI Administrator to support a federal customer in the DC Metro area.
About the Opportunity :
DMI is currently seeking to hire an Asset Management Technician assist the Asset team with Annual Inventory, inputting data into Remedy, receiving assets in the warehouse, preparing deliveries, picking up excess equipment and assist Refresh with making the deliveries.
The Software Asset Management Technician Specialist responsibilities include:
- Perform Software Asset Management functions to include inventory, discovery and reconciliation of software licenses
- Assist checking in inventory, matching purchase orders distributing for processing.
- Record amounts of software assets received or distributed via asset management system of record, ServiceNow.
- Assist in inventory of software inventory
- Education and Years of Experience: High school diploma plus 3 years asset, warehouse and delivery experience.
- Desired Skills/Certifications: Desired to have experience with ServiceNow Software Asset Management module but it is not required.
DMI is looking for a Service Desk Manager to support a federal customer in the DC Metro area.
We are looking for an experienced Content Strategist to make a significant impact through compelling storytelling, creative, and measurable content experiences that drive behavior change for key customer accounts. The ideal candidate would have experience in B2B and DTC, with the ability to take complicated subject matter and translate it into compelling stories. If you are highly creative and collaborative - then you're exactly who we're looking for. And if you can combine all those qualities with an understanding of how content can achieve measurable business goals - then you'll thrive in the role. You'll work with a mix of strategists, copywriters, media planners and UX and UI designers, and you'll be comfortable to roll up your sleeves to write, edit, storyboard and produce thought-provoking content.
- Establish scalable content strategy across multiple channels in collaboration with strategy, marketing, and experience design teams.
- Design and conduct content audits in order to ground content strategy, assess existing content, and identify areas for net new content development; including the use of analytics to understand current content consumption and performance.
- Present findings and creative recommendations to internal teams as well as senior clients, responding to feedback in a professional and constructive manner.
- Conduct market research via secondary and third-party data to learn about current content trends and target audiences, and present back findings to internal and client teams.
- Understand client business objectives, become an expert on client's product/ service.
- Define and own the content strategy, calendar and delivery of content to meet KPI’s.
- Develop strategic content briefs that a team of writers can execute from, and then review and provide feedback to ensure that all content created will deliver on defined business objectives.
- Develop digitally focused written content for multiple channels including, but not limited to: social media, blogs, websites, and white papers, that is impactful while building awareness and driving engagement and consideration for the customers products and services.
- Combine the art of storytelling with business acumen, leveraging the customer's brand as well as data, analytics, and market trends to win the hearts and minds of various audiences.
- Proofread and edit written content to ensure that it meets quality standards.
This position is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious and innovative digital media planner who wants to join andhelp shape our growing media discipline through strategy, planning, buying and analytics. Our media team works very closely with strategic planning, account services and creative teams to help drive performance and build brand equity for our clients in the B2B and B2C space. Success in the position will require an inquisitive approach, creative thinking and a deep interest in emerging and social media as well as the evolving media landscape.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop media objectives, strategies and plans that align to client goals, to encompass the full funnel across industry verticals for both B2B or B2C clients. Performance-driven social media B2B technology marketing is a plus.
- Implement, manage, steward, report and optimize media plans, providing performance feedback loop to creative and marketing teams to optimize creative, landing pages, and content.
- Ensure high level of attention to detail and accuracy in one’s own work and client deliverables.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure accuracy/delivery of plans.
- Oversee financial integrity and steward accounting and invoice billing of media accounts.
- Offer insights and contribute to creative brainstorm sessions and new business.
- Keep current with emerging media opportunities/technology to also share with internal teams and apply to client work and new business as appropriate.
- Participate in business development opportunities in a support role
- Must be professional, articulate, and informative in client-facing meetings and presentations Work effectively and collaboratively with other discipline teams and be proactive and accountable on all projects large and small to meet deadlines.
- Train and mentor junior media team members to develop their skills and learning.
- Be a team player, leader, mediator where necessary.